The US Postal Service also offers a Mailers Checklist, which include completing each of the following steps:
- Decide upon which class of mail you want to use.
- Create / design your mail piece.
- Develop and/or decide which address list you will use.
- Check the accuracy of your address list.
- Address your mail.
- Choose a postage payment method.
- Obtain a mailing permit or make arrangements to use UMS' permit.
- Get whatever supplies you'll need.
- Sort your mail or make arrangements with UMS to do.
- Complete requires postal statements or make arrangements with UMS to do.
- Take your mail to the post office or make arrangements with UMS.
University Mail Services (UMS) encourages our customers to visit this site -- it may answer many of your mailing questions!